A Reflection of My Life after living in Uganda as a U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Long Month Of Training

I am back! I was away for training over the month of August. It was a long time to be away from site and I am happy to be back and starting a somewhat normal routine of life again.

We spent time near Kampala going through technical training with or Ugandan counterparts. Mine neglected to show up so I joined my friend Celeste and her counterpart Humphery. We work out of the same college so it was beneficial for us to work together.

Those of us who live in the Buganda region of Uganda and speak Luganda went to Mityana, a few hours West of Kampala, for further language training. This was a more low key training where we were able to focus on the language issues we had. It was nice to have things clarified and learn a new key vocab and phrases we actually need at site. This is a picture of our Luganda group and Irene, one of our language trainers.


No comments:

Post a Comment