A Reflection of My Life after living in Uganda as a U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Demons

Last night around nine, a terrified screaming came from one of the P7 classrooms where students were having night class. At first I thought it was a pig being slaughtered but it was too late for that and it continued for such a long time. I got up to investigate at the same time that my neighbors opened their doors to see. Looking out across the campus we see other teachers leaving their houses to check out the situation and so we too follow suit. Along the way to the classroom Annett keeps telling me it is the demons. Since she says many things are a result of demons I’m not sure what to think. I personally was guessing it was a student who didn’t want to be beat and was fighting back with screaming. We got to the classroom and all the nuns were there and were leading a girl away. The other students were being talked to by the teacher and all us on-lookers were asking around trying to find out what happened.

Apparently, the girl was possessed by a demon in the middle of class. The nuns came to take her away and pray the demon out of her. The other students and teachers also began to pray for the girl. No one seemed to be too surprised that this had happened. They all took it in stride and prayed for the girl.

What brought on this demon possession? I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment