A Reflection of My Life after living in Uganda as a U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer

Friday, July 15, 2011

My Model

I go to a yoga class at the Y on Wednesday mornings. I have been going for a few weeks now and there is one woman who stands out to me each time. She is one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. At somewhere in her 70's, she has shoulder length silver/gray curly hair, high cheek bones, and strikingly perfect posture. When she is doing yoga every position is model perfect. Everything looks so easy when she moves and poses. I admire her greatly.

Yesterday, after class, we were in the same cove of lockers in the locker room. We made eye contact and smiled and then she said, "I'm glad to see you in class again this week. Thanks for coming." That was pretty much the extent of our conversation but it made my day. My yoga hero recognized me and was glad I was part of her class! I want to model this behavior and also make others feel welcome and important.

No comments:

Post a Comment