A Reflection of My Life after living in Uganda as a U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Visiting Rwanda


May marked my PC mid-service conference. It also fell under the school holiday and so after my mid-service conference I, with a few PC friends and my sister Angela, took off for a week in our neighboring country Rwanda.

Rwanda is a very beautiful and clean country. They have stick laws about garbage, plastic bags, and roads. Coming from the chaos of Kampala and Uganda it was a breath of fresh air, literally.

We traveled by bus through Uganda and all over Rwanda. There were many squished, overheated, smelly, car sick, twisty and curvey rides through the beautiful country.


We traveled through one of the oldest rainforests in Africa and got to see different species of monkey's and other wild life along the way. It was a nice little vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment