A Reflection of My Life after living in Uganda as a U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Family

The dictionary defines family as, "A group of people who generally share common attitudes, interests, or goals and, frequently, live together." I have the blessing of having so many families. For the last 2 years I had a special family in Uganda of nuns, neighbors and co-workers. While I desperately love this family, I did miss my birth family and I am loving being back with them. There is something about the relationship between sisters that cannot be replicated. We share a love for the performing arts, we attempt to be Bach and play duets together and we laugh about shared experiences growing up in the same house.


Another family I am honored to have is with the William's family. Their parents are friends with my parents and they also have 4 children who are the same ages as my sisters and me. We have spent many dinners, vacations and every-day life times together. I love our meshed family too!

Trista, Me, Melissa and JaNahn
Family is a beautiful concept. It is always evolving - growing and changing in ways that can't always be predicted. I have many families throughout the world! My relationships in them play different parts. Even tomorrow I head off to spend time with another family of mine: 2 members of my college family. Diana and I will explore a little of the world Jen has been living in Ecuador. I am so excited to reconnect with these best friends and bond over our shared histories, common interests and goals for our lives.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE FAMILY! and i love you. HAPPY EASTER my friend.

    ReplyDelete