A Reflection of My Life after living in Uganda as a U.S. Peace Corps Volunteer

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Grace and Joseph's First Communion

Joseph, Grace and Maria

My sweet neighbors had their first communion last week. Joseph got to wear a cute suit. Grace was originally in a white traditional outfit but changed afterward into a dress given to her by her American jja jja (grandmother aka my mom). Both were very serious repeating their prayers and in line with their hands folded to receive Holy Communion. During the mass itself, I noticed quite a few bathroom trips out the side door. But in their defense, I was hot and tired and wanted to slide out the side door too!

3 comments:

  1. adorable.

    sorry about the cider donut.

    and i need the enchilada recipe- roughly- i cant remember!

    ReplyDelete